Right, firstly, (to fill you in) I name the technology I own after characters in the Matrix (hey ,it’s one of the best films ever and most people DO name their technology after something, and normally the same something, a film, an area of science, animals, who knows :p). Here’s the list of used names so far:
- Neo – My better HP ZV5000. It’s six years old and still has the shelf specs. Unfortunately, it’s also my primary computer, hence my constant PC woes.
- Trinity – The slightly worse spec ZV5000. Currently resides in a cupboard, but if I had about £80 spare I would turn it into a decent server.
- Morpheus – The late great Tiny (yes, that was the name of the company). It’s from 2001, but last year I swapped most of the internal parts for some newer ones. However, after two functioning months, the motherboard shorted (by itself). The (now empty) case currently resides on top of a bookcase:
- Link – The router, naturally 😛
- Operator – My Touch Pro2
- Tank – The Qtek 9100 (as someone once said it was a “tank of a phone” (it’s rather large))